WestWay is currently looking for our next Pastor of Family Ministries. We're looking for someone who is involved and engaged in the world of Family Ministries. We need a leader of leaders who will drive the bus of Family Ministries at WestWay. Specifically, this Pastor will:
- work with parents and families to create a culture of “at-home” discipleship,
- work with a team of 50+ leaders and team members in the areas of Children's, Students, Parents, and Grandparents for ministry programming,
- work with existing ministry teams to coach, teach, and train them on the value of the generations serving together.
This leader will lead the team in discipleship, relationship building and skill set development while working closely with our church leadership as we proclaim Jesus as Lord to our community- both in person and online.
First Year Expectations
- Build relationships within the body at WestWay, helping them:
- see the values of family-based discipleship and aligned Family Ministries programming,
- grow in their discipleship with God and,
- grow in their relationships with one another. Family Ministries is just one way this leader will do that.
- Learn WestWay's culture, systems, and structures and lead change in a way consistent with our mission, vision, values, and preferred culture.
WestWay has a 70-year history of making disciples in Scottsbluff, Gering, and around the world. We have a tremendous culture of engaging our community and equipping our church body to grow in their discipleship with God and their relationship with others. We desire to see generations serve and grow together. We want unity, not uniformity. Our leadership- elders, pastors, and team leaders- are Bible-focused and are leaders of leaders who make disciples who make disciples. As we've come out of COVID, we've seen an influx of people of all ages, many with children, and we offer ministry and discipleship environments for people of all ages and spiritual development to participate in.
- Our Mission: we exist to proclaim Jesus as Lord
- Our Vision: growing in unity, purpose, and love through the power of the Holy Spirit so that the people of Scotts Bluff County know Him
- Our Values: being present, participation, taking risks with the permission to fail, every environment a discipling environment, appreciation, intergenerational
- Our Preferred Culture: ownership, not rentership, discipling/equipping, fun, intentionality, trust
Scottsbluff is located in western Nebraska's Panhandle. Western Nebraska is filled with wide open spaces...hiking, mountain biking, hunting, fishing, it's all here.
Between 1843 and 1869, it's estimated that 250,000 people went west on the Oregon Trail through Scottsbluff. Take a moment and Google some of the of natural and historical attractions within a short drive: Scottsbluff National Monument, Fort Laramie, Agate Fossil Beds National Monument, just to name a few. Additionally, residents enjoy local food and coffee that you can only get here in Scottsbluff like Flyover Brewing Company, Cappucino and Company, the Mixing Bowl, and many others.
If you want to get away for a few days, Cheyenne, Wyoming is just 90 minutes away, and Ft Collins/Loveland Colorado are within 2.5 hours. Denver is about 3 hours south and Rapid City/the Black Hills/Mount Rushmore are 3 hours to the north. Scottsbluff is also home to the Western Nebraska Regional Airport, which puts Denver less than an hour away by air.
The schools are fantastic and there are plenty of choices when it comes to homes. Whether you're into suburban manicured lawns or urban townhomes the city has plenty to choose from. There are several local golf courses, and lots of neighborhood parks, splash pads and other places to play.
Scottsbluff''s Largest Employers
- Regional West Medical Center
- Scottsbluff Public Schools
- Gering Public Schools
We'd love to talk with you about our community!
Want to learn more? Please review the Job Description and then complete the Interest Form, we'll be on touch. If there are any issues with the links, please drop us an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.