Our vision for the Body at WestWay in 2018 is that we would be a people that not only is devoted to hearing the Word, but doing what it says.
For Personal Reflection/Small Group Study
- If someone were to ask you, “What is the Bible?”, what would you say?
- Why do you use translation/version you use?
- Why would individuals and/or governments “ban” the Bible? What’s so special about it that it would “earn” this reputation?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Think of a time when scripture has taught you, convicted/rebuked you, corrected you, and trained you. Be specific about verses and consider committing them to memory.
- Read Psalm 119:11. What verses have you “hidden in your heart”? Why are they so meaningful to you? How can you make this a consistent practice?
- Read Romans 12:1-3. How might consistent Bible reading and study be a way for you to “present yourselves as a living sacrifice” to God? What do these verses say is the key to knowing God’s will for your life?
- Read James 1:22-25.
- Why does “hearing only” lead to deception? Who is the deceived one? Why?
- Why might James have used the analogy of a mirror?