Pastor Joe speaks on the importance of passing along our faith to our children, and five families make that commitment.
Primary Text: Deuteronomy 6:4-6
4 “Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. 5 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.[i]
Purpose of Dedication Sunday:
- It’s about commitment!
- It’s about Jesus!
- The first step to dedicating your family to God is to recognize Him as Lord in your life, and show his love in every way that you live.
- Then you must tell your kids about God and his commandments.
When you think about the importance that God places on this responsibility as parents, take a moment to consider and discuss the thoughts God is placing on your heart right now.
Why do we dedicate?
- You are called by God
- You are the greatest influence in the lives of your children.
15 So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17 Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.[ii]
- You are already discipling your kids…the question is, “What are we making them disciples of?”
Take a moment to consider and discuss what God is saying to you from Ephesians 5:15-17
- Parents, you are not alone.
- The church is your partner. We are here to help.
Please pray this week for the following Parents as they dedicate their lives to being disciples of Jesus, and leading their families to be disciples of Jesus.
Drew & Makayla Finley and their children, Nora and Alice.
Raymond & Kara Lemoine and their children, Craig, Colten, and Christopher
Jordan & Jessica Michal and their children, Joszlynn and Jayden.
Sherri Parrish and her daughter Jasmine