For Personal Reflection/Small Group Study
Think about the phrases, “appearances can be deceiving” and “you can’t judge a book by its cover”.
- What do these phrases mean?
- Why and how? Come up with some specific examples that you seen of this
Think about the church…
- How has the church and Christians enabled a focus on outward appearances? Why is this
- What has been the fruit of a church that is “good from far” but “far from good”?
Think about your small group…
- Read Romans 12:9-16. Compare/contrast your small group to what Paul writes.
Think about your own life…
- What are some things in your life that might be “good from far, far from good”?
- When people “see” you, what are they seeing? Do they see a “sanitized” version? What is the upside about presenting a single version of yourself? Is there a downside?
For those of you on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram),
- What are others portraying about themselves?
- What are you portraying about yourself?