This week we begin to look at the practices of WestWay Christian Church, and specifically the practice of being devoted to the apostles’ teaching.
For Personal Reflection/Small Group Discussion
- Why did the people assemble in Nehemiah 8? What was the “unified purpose”?
- What do you notice about “who” had gathered? Why is this important?
- Reading Nehemiah 8:5&6, what did the actions of the people indicate about their view of God’s Law? Why did they rise? Why did they verbally respond? Why did they bow down? Do we do these things in our gatherings? Why or why not?
- What was the role of the Levites, according to Nehemiah 8:8? How is this similar to Ephesians 4:11-13?
- Why would the people “mourn or weep” when the Law was read? And why were they told instead to “celebrate with a feast”?
- How do we (WestWay Christian Church) live out Nehemiah 8:13?
- What can we learn from the way the people responded to what they read?