Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too- Philippians 2:3-4.
Since March 16 2020, we 've been living out the above Scripture. One of the most exciting things that's taking place during this time is seeing the church- the people, not the building- reach out and proclaim Jesus as Lord. Even though we are quarantined, the Good News is not. You are going out and loving, serving, and giving...not just to those within the body of faith, but to those who do not know Christ. You're speaking encouraging words and giving life by pointing to Jesus. And, since we've moved online, we've been able to connect with people who've never set foot in the door of our building, much less that of any other church. We love it.
Phase 3 of WestWay's re-gathering began Sunday, June 14 2020. We transitioned to being "live" at 1015 on Sunday mornings AND on live stream via YouTube.
For those attending our live gathering, please know we're following the Guidelines for the Conduct of Faith-Based Services as provided by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services in conjunction with Panhandle Health, and Federal guidelines. Take a moment and review this before joining us on Sunday.
You will help others feel welcome and safe by following them.
First and foremost, if you are not feeling well, please stay home. If you are in an "at risk" category, please stay home and watch online.
- Currently, the only “open” portions of the building are our nursery, portions of our Children's Ministry area, our coffee area (served by a team member) our lobby, lobby restrooms, and auditorium. The rest of the building remains closed.
- We're currently not handing out a bulletin. We encourage you to bring your own Bible (and pen and notebook if you like).
- Each week, WestWay creates an "event" for our 1015 using YouVersion's Bible app. You can learn more about this amazing tool here.
- As you enter the Auditorium, please take the pre-packaged communion elements with you to your seat.
- We'll be reserving tables for families with small children. We'll have activity sheets on them, please bring your own markers, crayons, colors, etc.
- We currently have every other row of chairs blocked off to maintain physical distancing guidelines.
- Please, be mindful of the physical space of others.
- We'll have our gathering, sing songs, pray, hear the message, and take communion. Offering can be placed in the boxes in back as you leave.
A few other things:
- Mask usage is up to the individual. We honor the choices of others.
- We have plenty of hand sanitizer and chem wipes available.
- Our nursery through 5th grade Children's groups are currently meeting during the 1015.
- We have one Sunday School class that meets on-site at 9am in room 107.
- Small groups are meeting. Here's the current list.
- Because of physical distancing requirements, we cannot run the van.
Phase 4 is what we're simply calling "Re-Gathered" and this will take place when all of our body is ready to gather in our building. We'll see small groups, children's and student ministries, Sunday School classes and other events taking place here at the building.
WestWay is not dependent on the building; the building is not the church...we are. And as we re-gather, we will continue to be the church. The world is watching us, seeing how we act, speak, and think. this is a tremendous opportunity to show love for others and demonstrate the unity found in Christ.
We love you, are praying with you and for you.