Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too- Philippians 2:3-4.
Since March 16 2020, we 've been living out the above Scripture. One of the most exciting things that's taking place during this time is seeing the church- the people, not the building- reach out and proclaim Jesus as Lord. Even though we are quarantined, the Good News is not. You are going out and loving, serving, and giving...not just to those within the body of faith, but to those who do not know Christ. You're speaking encouraging words and giving life by pointing to Jesus. And, since we've moved online, we've been able to connect with people who've never set foot in the door of our building, much less that of any other church. We love it.
Phase 3 of WestWay's re-gathering began Sunday, June 14. We transitioned to being "live" at 1015 on Sunday mornings AND on live stream via YouTube.
For those attending our live gathering, please know we're following the Guidelines for the Conduct of Faith-Based Services as provided by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services in conjunction with Panhandle Health, and Federal guidelines. Take a moment and review this before joining us on Sunday.
You will help others feel welcome and safe by following them.
First and foremost, if you are not feeling well, please stay home. If you are in an "at risk" category, please stay home and watch online.
- Currently, the only “open” portions of the building are our nursery, portions of our Children's Ministry area, our coffee area (served by a team member) our lobby, lobby restrooms, and auditorium. The rest of the building will be closed.
- Due to physical distancing (6 feet distance between family groups), please do not congregate in the lobby.
- We're currently not handing out a bulletin. We encourage you to bring your own Bible (and pen and notebook if you like).
- Each week, WestWay creates an "event" for our 1015 using YouVersion's Bible app. You can learn more about this amazing tool here.
- As you enter the Auditorium, please take the pre-packaged communion elements with you to your seat.
- We'll be reserving tables for families with small children. We'll have activity sheets on them, please bring your own markers, crayons, colors, etc.
- Please, practice social distancing. There are many people who are concerned about this. This is a great opportunity to honor one another.
- Please, no physical touch. This includes hugs, handshaking, fist-bumping, and holy kisses.
- We'll have our gathering, sing songs, pray, hear the message, and take communion. Offering can be placed in the boxes in back as you leave.
- Please don't gather in the lobby or under the awning; keep in mind physical distancing guidelines and those who want to leave quickly. Remember, this is an opportunity to honor others.
A few other things:
- Masks will be recommended and encouraged, but not required.
- We’ll have plenty of hand sanitizer and chem wipes available. If you use the restroom, please use them and wipe down whatever you use and touch.
- Our nursery through 5th grade Children's groups are currently meeting during the 1015.
- We have two Sunday School classes that meet on-site at 9am.
- Small groups are meeting. Here's the current list.
- On Wednesday nights, our Student Ministry Groups are meeting at the building.
- Because of physical distancing requirements, we cannot run the van.
Phase 4 is what we're simply calling "Re-Gathered" and this will take place when all of our body is ready to gather in our building. We'll see small groups, children's and student ministries, Sunday School classes and other events taking place here at the building.
WestWay is not dependent on the building; the building is not the church...we are. And as we move to re-gathering we must continue to be the church. The quarantined world is watching us; they are seeing how we act, speak and think. We want to encourage you to continue to connect with one another on the phone, build relationships via Zoom, and find new ways to connect. We are re-gathering soon, and we've never stopped being the church.
We love you, are praying with you and for you. We're excited to re-gather!